Are you using Google+? It’s not for everybody… But if you’re looking for ways to increase your SEO, you may want to consider using Google+. Are you familiar with Social Search? As you probably already know, Google and Bing have both incorporated social media posts into their search results. Google is the most used search engine in the world, and it’s social search gives priority to Google+ posts. So posting keyword rich updates with great content will quickly increase your SEO.
Let me give you an example. You shared a link (on Google+) to a blog post that you wrote about first time home buyers. Your Google+ follower Bill LIKED the post. A couple months later, Bill’s Google+ friend Mike (you don’t know Mike – Mike doesn’t know you. Bill is the connection) is searching for first time home buyer information. Your Google+ post is likely to be in the top 3 organic results of Mike’s search. WOW! For this reason alone, Google+ should be an important part of your online marketing.
Here Are Some Tips for Using Google+!
- Use the Search Field to find Google+ users to Circle!
- Search by industry – Search “Real Estate” , then choose “People and Pages”. You’ll find thousands of like minded Realtors to follow! You may then want to choose “Google+ Posts” and circle people who are posting about Real Estate.
- Search by interest/topic. For example, Search “Denver Broncos” (Replace with YOUR favorite team!), then choose “People and Pages” and circle away! Again, your next step would be to choose “Google+ Posts” and circle other users who are posting about your favorite team. Find users in YOUR city with the same interests by selecting “From This Location” in your search options – simply fill in your city name, and circle all the users within your city that have similar interests as you!
- Use it like you would a phone or Skype.
- Meet with clients without having to leave your desk!
- Make presentations to out of town buyers and sellers.
- Have team meetings
- Hangout with your seller and their inspector/mortgage broker/etc.
Follow your interests. Simply do a search for your interest, then click save the search. Now you’ll be able to easily track these topics in your Google+ News Feed and re-post / share the most interesting posts. It’s also a great way to engage and interact with users that are interested in the same topics.
See You There
Join Obeo on Facebook & Twitter, for Fan & Follower only special promotions!