It’s a pretty well known fact that Youtube is the 2nd most used search engine in the world. Second only to Google. It’s also a well known fact that Google owns YouTube, and gives YouTube videos very high search priority. With this in mind, it easy to see that real estate video has tremendous SEO potential. In fact, using properly optimized real estate video as a part of your content marketing plan, may be the fastest way to increase your search engine ranking and improve your overall SEO. So let’s take a look at the many ways you can optimize your video for SEO:
- Choose the keyword phrase you want to optimize your video for.
- Before uploading the video, rename the video file using your keyword phrase.
- Once the video is uploaded to YouTube, give the video a Title, including your keyword phrase.
- Write a video description that includes your keyword phrase and other applicable keywords phrases as well. At the very top of the video description, add a URL to your website, your blog, or a landing page. Within the description, add a call to action. “Please LIKE this video.” “Comment below with your thoughts…”
- Give your video 5 to 7 keyword and keyword phrase tags.
- Geo Tag your video - this is especially important for listing videos. The search engines give Geo Tags priority. So if you Geo Tag a video with the property address, and someone searches for that listing by address, the video will most likely be the FIRST result. Powerful! To Geo Tag a video, simply click Edit > Info & Settings > Advanced Settings. On the Advanced Settings page, you will see a field for video address. This is where you add your Geo Tag.
- Upload a keyword rich video script. Click Edit > Captions > Upload Caption File or Transcript. The script feature was actually designed to be used by the hearing impaired, but the search engines index the script as well.
- Place your video into a keyword optimized Playlist. When searching on YouTube, there are 3 types of results – Videos, Channels, and Playlists. Many YouTubers do not create PlayLists, and are loosing out on the SEO they provide. So add several keyword rich Playlists to your Channel.
- Create backlinks to your video. Share the video on Facebook and Twitter. Bookmark the video on all your favorite bookmarking sites like Digg, Delicious, StumbleUpon, Etc. Embed the video in a blog post. Embeded video is indexed by the search engines just like a backlink is.
Now there’s one more thing that can really enhance the SEO of a video. You need Authority! Facebook has a formula called EdgeRank, that determines which posts appear in your newsfeed. In a similar fashion, Youtube gives every video “Video Authority” that determines how that video ranks in YouTube searches. There are several things that affect Video Authority. Let’s take a look:
- The number of FULL views the video receives. That means, how many people watched your video from beginning to end. If people are only watching half the video, then clicking away, YouTube sees that as negative. For this reason, it is really important to keep your videos short and interesting! Most studies will show that 2-3 minutes is the optimal video length in most cases.
- The number of LIKES the video receives. The more the better, which is why you should add a call to action within the video, the description, and the script.
- The more comments the video has, the better. So ask for comments!
- Total number of views. Of course, the more views the video receives, the more “Authority” YouTube gives it.
Using video as a part of your content marketing strategy can boost you right to the top of the search engines if you follow these simple steps! You may want to check out these posts on SEO as well: