Optimizing your Real Estate Facebook Page SEO is trickier than you may think! Some of the easier techniques that work on other sites, just won’t work on Facebook. Facebook likes to rename files, uses no-follow links, and redirects, all which hinder SEO. But there are still some very important things you can do, so let’s take a look!
- Chose a keyword rich name for your page. Google love keyword phrases that include geographic location, so if possible, include the name of your market.
- Write a fabulous keyword rich “about” description for your page. This basically works just like the meta description on your website.
- Write additional keyword rich content in your other available fields – these will vary, depending on the type of Fan Page you selected, but will probably include “description”, “mission”, “company overview” and more.
- Add links to your website, blog, and other social media accounts in multiple places within your “About” page. Facebook will make these no-follow links, so you won’t get any back-link juice, but you will hopefully get website visits.
- Go to http://www.facebook.com/username and grab a keyword rich username/URL.
- When posting status updates, include keywords and keyword phrases. But keep them front loaded – Search engines will only index the first 18 characters of your update.
- Use your Fan Page Notes App. Search engines will index the title and the tags for each note. So create some great notes! Some people will duplicate blog content, but taking time to write unique content will be more effective.
- Post fresh, current content that encourages interaction and engagement. The more engagement your page gets, the more valuable it appears to the search engines.
- Optimize your photos. Renaming the files won’t help on Facebook, because Facebook renames the file once it is uploaded. You should however add a keyword rich title/caption and comment to each photo.
- Just one more little tidbit I learned from my friend Chris Smith of Inman News. Add a keyword rich description/bio and your website URLs to your profile picture description field. Check out Obeo’s here, to see what we did!
These are just a few tips that I know of. What kinds of things are you doing to optimize your Real Estate Facebook Page? Please share your tips and techniques in the comments below.
See You There
Join Obeo on Facebook & Twitter, for Fan & Follower only special promotions!